Next Level Extreme Fitness

How I am learning to "Do Better. Be Better." after the cavernoma malformation in the pons of my brainstem bled.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Shine Your Light: Part Two

This morning I woke up to a comment on my Seven Month Anniversary post.  It was from a man named Greg, who had the same condition as me.  He had surgery by Dr. Spetzler seven months ago.  I just emailed him10 minutes ago, so we haven't connected yet.  But, I have to admit, I cyber stalked him.  I was trying to find him on Facebook to add him to the brain stem surgery support group and instead I ended up finding his wife's blog.

This man is a miracle.  Like me, Greg and his wife took to writing a blog to update others on his condition.  Like me, they are honest about it all; the good and the bad.  I am inspired by him.  I have not been granted permission from Greg to share his story yet.  So, I am not really sure why I am writing.  I don't have much to say.

Actually, yes I do.  Receiving his comment on my post was an amazing birthday present.  To find yet another person, from Iowa even, that has my condition is a Godsend.  It makes me hopeful that we all are helping put a spotlight on our condition so more people, especially doctors, can be informed.  We are shining our lights even in our time of despair.

Even though you do not know Greg, I ask that you pray for him and his family.  They have all endured so much since September 2013 and could use every thought and prayer given to them.

Lastly, if you want to give me a belated birthday present today, go out and do something nice for someone.  It doesn't have to be anything extravagant; a simple compliment to another will do.  We all have it in our power to make this crazy world a little bit better.

Go out and shine your light today.


No comments:

Post a Comment